Liability Insurance Program
Group exercise instructors – aerobic/dance, personal trainers & miscellaneous fitness
- If you are renting a facility, you and the landlord can be covered.
- If you are teaching water aerobics, juniors and seniors, the policy will cover you against negligence claims.
- If you are a business member you can cover all your employees wherever they teach working on the behalf of you. If you have independent contractors working for you, we can include them in your policy for liability coverage.
Health Clubs & Fitness Studios
- Activities at your facility including weight lifting, swimming, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, courts and aerobics to mention a few can be included on the policy.
- You can receive building and personal property insurance.
Types of Coverage Available
Up to $5,000,000.00 Comprehensive General Liability plus $2,000,000.00 Errors and Omissions
Provides premises & operations protection for claims arising from the facilities you own, lease or occupy.
This coverage will pay on behalf of the Named Insured, any additional Insured(s), where applicable, all sums which the Insured(s) shall become legally obligated to pay as compensatory damages for actual bodily injury to participants, spectators and other members of the public and also for the property damage the Insured(s) shall become obligated to pay.
What is Errors & Omissions Coverage?
Professional, semi-professional and the serviced type of work may place an obligation on the part of the individual to see that the task is properly performed and any error or omission in the performance of a particular duty may make the individual responsible in damages. Errors and omissions insurance is designed to protect the individual in such a situation. The liability limit is $2,000,000.00.
What is Malpractice?
- To indemnify the Insured up to the Limit of Indemnity stated in the Schedule against all sums in excess of the amount of the Retention which the Insured shall become legally liable to pay as damages (including claimants’ costs) as the result of a claim or claims first made against the Insured during the Period of Insurance stated in the Schedule arising from any negligent act, error or omission committed by the Insured or by any employee of the Insured or by any person or organization acting on behalf of the Insured, when so acting in the course of services rendered, or which should have been rendered, or contractual obligations undertaken by the Insured to a client(s) in the course of their Profession as stated in the Schedule.
- To indemnify the Insured (inclusive within the Limit of Indemnity) against all costs and expenses in excess of the amount of the Retention incurred with Insurers’ prior written consent in the defense, handling or settlement of any claim covered under Insuring Clause A above.
SRIM also includes $1,000,000.00 malpractice coverage for if you are working with post rehab and/or pre or post natal clients.
Health Club/Studio/Gym Owners
Up to $5,000,000.00 Comprehensive General Liability with additional coverage for employees, Errors & Omissions, malpractice and facility equipment.
Provides premises & operations protection for claims arising from activities within your facility.
Optional Programs Available
- Insurance for your office equipment, improvements, and office contents.
- Insurance on your building.
To the Applicant: Please note that the information contained herein is for the purpose of explanation only. Please refer to your “Insurance Policy” for complete details of coverage.